Certification for Barco Xenon Series 2 projectors and Smart Laser projectors: installation and basic maintenance
This course provides certification for Barco Xenon series 2 projectors and Smart Laser projectors. The participants will be trained on both technologies: Xenon lamp-based projectors and Smart laser source. They will know how to install, calibrate and maintain properly Xenon and Smart laser projectors.
Take the on-line High Brightness Safety training: Cinema - Barco High Brightness Safety training
- Digital Cinema introduction: DCI architecture and specifications
- Overview of the projector’s portfolio: Xenon, Laser, High Contrast Version…
- Projector Hardware: Elca Box, Light engine, Optics, Lens, Light Source (first day = Xenon).
- Lamp house: Xenon installation and replacement.
- Projector Interface: Communicator
- Barco Tool: Lens calculator, Calculator sheet (define the right projector for the right screen)…
- Projector installation: site survey, electrical connections, environment (exhaust, ambient air)
- Projector installation: Hands on.
- Physical connections, mechanical alignment.
- Lamp alignment to maximum quality (brightness, Uniformity…)
- Focus, Convergence, Color Calibration, Color Verification, Presets creation.
- Hands on alone.
- Laser introduction. How Laser phosphor technology works?
- Laser Light source: overview of all the components: Laser banks, phosphor wheel, cooling, optics…
- Highlight on retrofit: remove of Xenon components and installation of Laser parts (Light source, LDM, Laser controller Board, Cooler).
- Focus on Laser calibration: How to achieve best quality for new installations and retrofit? White point calibration, SCC file…
- Second Hands on session.
- Scheduled maintenance: maintenance A, B, C
- Test: theory (30 questions both on Xenon and Laser).
- Test: practical part. Purpose: align correctly a Xenon or Smart Laser projector (mechanical alignment, brightness, focus, Convergence, Colors, Presets creation…).